Mains Test series has been designed so as to ensure not only content development and enhanced answer writing skills for the aspirants but also to enable them to develop multi-dimensional analytical perspective across all themes. The mantra of ‘LEARN-REVISE-TEST-SUCCEED’ is followed. Programme focuses on building a strong foundation by starting from scratch and then achieving a step-by-step systematic and thorough coverage of the entire syllabus of the Main Exam. Tests have been meticulously structured to ensure that aspirants not only grasp the demand of UPSC Main Exam but are also aided in the preparation of Prelim Test. It provides them with a discipline required during the coming weeks, by developing deeper understanding of the topics mentioned in the General Studies syllabus. It will help aspirants master the art of writing answers such as structure and presentation, learn how to present knowledge with contextual, structural and language competency, understand the key words/context, approach towards attempting question, understand their current preparedness and identify their strengths and weaknesses and work upon them in a concerted manner.
Course Format and Coverage:
- Course Validity: 365 days
- Course Fees: Rs. 12,000/-
- There will be 20 tests.
- There will be 12 sectional tests covering the entire ambit of civil services examination syllabus.
- There will be 8 full length tests.
Features of Test Series Program:
- A clear-cut detailed schedule of the Tests.
- Sectional Tests to ensure that aspirants can cover each subject comprehensively in sufficient time and can evaluate his/her performance through the tests.
- Full Length Mock Tests to evaluate the overall preparation level.
- Detailed analysis of Tests based on Level of Difficulty making it easier for aspirants to evaluate their performance that strategize their preparation accordingly.
- Learn the key point of syllabus and be disciplined in your preparation.
- Read the syllabus thoroughly.
- Analyze the previous year papers.
- Keep the sources limited.
- Periodic revision is a must.
- Do not attempt tests without preparation.
- Sufficient time allocation for answer writing (via mocks).
- Allocate the months and schedule your days and weeks well in advance.
What Aspirants Should Do?
- Whatever that you read, try to summarize in your own words at the end of the day.
- Dedicate an hour or two each day to practice answer writing.
- Follow daily current affairs from a limited source to keep oneself updated.
- Religiously and consistently follow one source of newspaper daily.
- Pick up one test paper, attempt it and read all the solutions, highlighting the important ones.
- This will help you in memorizing the content as well as condition you to attempt appropriate number of questions. Further, these tests would also add up as your notes.
- Clarity regarding how much time they are going to contribute to each question (both in terms of thinking and writing down of the answer).
- Continuity and linkage between different parts.
- Answering the ‘question’ rather than a ‘topic’
- Uncluttered presentation, underlining of key content, heading of sub-parts, diagrams/ flow-charts.
- Inter-topic linkages, catchy terms, facts and figures, case studies/ illustrations/ anecdotes.
- Balance between one’s own view points on one hand and technical jargons, research studies, expert views on the other hand.